Tinder is undoubtedly the sovereign of dating apps as it’s taken the world by storm with its approach to finding you a date with ease using an algorithm based on location and other user interests that match your own. Tinder is the standard for online dating, and it is here to stay as young millennials brush aside the traditional perusal of partners and look towards dating apps to set them up! A lot of apps have taken advantage of Facebook’s massive popularity, integrating it into their applications, allowing you to like, share, comment and sign up too by using just your Facebook credentials.
It’s the same here with Tinder as they try to garner the attention of a young generation hooked onto the app. Some people believe that this syncing helps find more authentic and genuine users. In order to browse through Tinder, it is mandatory to have an account on the app as its various features would not otherwise let your dig out profiles unless you have a verified account.
Tinder without FaceBook Login
Despite the massive success of Tinder, the social stigma surrounding them leaves many in a shell, complacent to let it out as people judge you to their heart’s content while also fearing the risk of their personal information being stolen. Tinder is doing everything in its way to maintain and prevent user’s privacy from being disregarded, but these current possibilities are what mainly get users a bit worried when signed on through Facebook:
- Friends and family viewing a tinder post on your Facebook account.
- Friends spying on you through the app.
- Strangers stalking you on Tinder and finding your Facebook details through it.
It’s hard to keep your Tinder usage a secret when you’re connected through Facebook, and for those looking for a hint of secrecy, here’s a breath of relief – there are ways to use Tinder without the need of Facebook, almost! It’s the most frequently asked query, and we’re not surprised why. Follow the steps below to detach your Tinder account from Facebook interference.
Changing Tinder Settings on Facebook:
If your main reason for wanting to disconnect Tinder from Facebook is only to stop anyone from getting to know about it, changing the Tinder Settings on Facebook is a perfect way!
Facebook allows us to change the privacy settings present on any app. We can do the same for Tinder too by following these steps:
- Login onto Facebook using your account credentials.
- Click on the Lock Icon present on the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on “Apps” and then on Tinder. Set your privacy to “Only me.”
Your Tinder usage will now be in incognito with none of your Facebook friends finding out you do.
Changing Settings on the Tinder app:
This is the easiest method that can be followed to cut your Tinder account away from Facebook and just takes a few seconds.
- Open your Tinder app.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Deselect “Show me on Tinder Social.”
This allows you to hide your identity on social media platforms while using the app.
Changing Facebook settings:
It’s not possible to browse through Tinder without an account due to the functions present on the app while it’s also necessary to have a Tinder profile in order to browse through other profiles. Though it’s not possible to completely disconnect Facebook from Tinder, tightening up security settings would give you reasonable breathing space and privacy.
Stalker Stopper: Prevent stalkers from finding you through mutual friends by navigating to your Facebook Friend list and editing your privacy details through the “Edit Privacy” setting.
- You could also make your friend list only visible to you. That way, no one will have a clue about your friends are, unless of course, they ask you directly.
- Make your important information such as your e-mail and phone number only visible to insiders on your account.
- Just add your first name to the account details. This will make it much harder to Google search and find your profile. Though Tinder uses just your First name in any case, it’s always a good step to stay away from Tinder stalkers Googling you, or stalkers in general!
Creating a new Facebook Profile:
Though this may sound tedious, it’s a loophole to rather use in case your privacy is important to you. There’s no need to add any friends or use your real name either – it’s advised that you do use your real name just so that others get to know that you’re genuine and don’t hit the road finding out you’re a liar. We’re not asking you to create a faux Facebook account but rather a simple account with your real details and pictures that you’d want Tinder users to view.
- Go to Facebook.com and sign up by entering your details such as name, address, date of birth and password. While creating the account, make sure you add your e-mail address instead of your phone number in order to keep secrecy to a maximum. Create a new e-mail id if need be.
- Go to your Tinder app and click on Setting gear present on the top left.
- Click “App Settings” and Logout from your previous user account.
- Sign into the newly created Facebook account.
Your new account is now linked with Tinder, and all information can be edited as per your liking. Previously users were allowed to sign up on Tinder using their phone numbers, but that increased the number of catfish profiles and caused the application developers to shut down the option. Though there is currently no way that allows you to use Tinder without Facebook, there could be a possible clear out of this issue in the near future.
We hope this guide has been useful to you and gets you as far away from Facebook as you require while you continue your quest for the perfect partner on Tinder, without the hindrance of everyone finding out and squashing it.