The worst thing an HDD user can see running in his task manager is superfetch!
Windows Service host SuperFetch is a Windows process that improves hard drive performance but to do so sometimes it may cause slow down with an SSD. Windows 10 is having a complicated way how Microsoft and its various elements of the traditional operating system, the bitter support of the modern hardware but still it’s built on the legacy of the past.
Microsoft gives this features and code getting back to XP and 2000 or beyond. That is the sole reason why you will sometimes running 2 features like Windows super page which have been around 4 years and still be the part of the modern Windows operating system experience.
Sometimes this Windows Service host SuperFetch my goes wrong so we need to fix it to protect your PC from malfunctioning. but before you go for you first need to know what is service host SuperFetch and what is its function in the Windows PC. Head down to the below articles for the exciting information about the legacy service Windows Service host SuperFetch.
Windows Service Host SuperFetch:
Microsoft first introduced the original Lee created Windows Service host SuperFetch with Windows Vista as a successor to prefetch. Windows Service host SuperFetch is a process which analysis your system specifically your RAM usage to generate a profile of Windows and application you run most often.
The basic function of the Windows Service host SuperFetch is when you use your system it gradually learns what you did most often and with load elements of the application onto your Ram so that when you need them. It helps to load the elements for quicker then they might.
the main purpose of the Windows Service host SuperFetch is the speed of the application load times for those running a drive especially if you are having older ones. Those were running a solid-state drive or SSD will not get to see much improvement from this feature.
By default, it Windows Service host SuperFetch does not load the application into the memory if an SSD is detected on your system. But at the Windows Service host, SuperFetch is active by default if you run a mixed drive system just like using a larger hard drive for storage purpose while the operating system runs on an SSD.
Is service will be able to improve the performance of any applications running from the drive without interfering with the SSD operation. In simple words, the hard drive should see a noticeable improvement in performance due to the Windows Service host superfetch, but at SSD used application won’t see a difference in the performance in that matter.
Problems of Windows service host SuperFetch
Play all the other Windows services even Windows Service host SuperFetch can also go wrong and cause various issues and it needs to fix to run the PC without any trouble. As Windows Service host SuperFetch is always running in the background it uses some of the system resources like CPU and RAM.
If you are running a heavy optimization system or you are using any easy pool hardware then service host SuperFetch issue could cause slowdowns which you want to avoid. Windows Service host SuperFetch might also show cause problem due to its preloading feature.
Some of the users reported that the slowdown also happens while booting Windows where the hard drive is forced to load a positive application before Windows has time to load is necessary apps and services. This sometimes proved wrong if you are going to run all those apps but not then Windows Service host SuperFetch in sup slowing down your PC in order to reduce slow down the letter which is a counter-intuitive.
There are a number of Windows user also noted that Windows Service host SuperFetch is also causing spikes on the hard drive and CPU usage especially during gaming sessions. This problem particularly appears mostly in the system those were running with less than 4 GB of RAM and on HDD drives.
This usually happens because of the way game will pick up and drop Ram when it’s needed and the problem arises when the Windows Service host SuperFetch is getting in the way and causing gameplay starters while everything shuffles around in the memory.
Steps to spot the service:
To check on what effect does the Windows Service host SuperFetch might be having on your system you need to find the little hard to spot when you first pull up the task manager. This app is because like a number of Windows 10 services Windows Service host SuperFetch is not running as its own process and it’s not listed as such.
Windows Service host SuperFetch is generally listed under the generic service host. this is the all part of the Microsoft moving away from the powerful but problematic .exe files or executable files, do something manageable DLL files.
Nowadays DLL files are most commonly used within the windows, what the usual recovery shell to host them there for the need the generic Windows Service host SuperFetch. To find that process you need to scroll to the list of services processes to find called “Service Host: SuperFetch.”
Necessity and Goals of Windows Service host SuperFetch:
For most of the path in Windows Service host, SuperFetch is very useful. If you are having a modern PC with at least average specification then Windows Service host SuperFetch most likely Run so small that you don’t even notice it.
Basically, Windows Service host SuperFetch has two goals, decreases the booting time and make sure that application that you use has the most load more efficiently. Windows Service host SuperFetch adapt itself to your uses pattern in the PC.
during the windows booting process the same files needed to access at different times Windows Service host SuperFetch records which data and file needed to access at which time and stores that particular data in a trace file. during the booting, this information is used to make the loading of the data files more efficiently resulting in less time.
SuperFetch performs motors to make the booting process faster. it also connects with the different meter to make sure that the file’s access during the booting processes is stored on the disk in the order they are accessed. Windows Service host SuperFetch performs a routine task every 3 days the specific file layout is stored in /Windows/Prefetch/Layout.ini.
SuperFetch is basically an intelligent mechanism that uses the RAM in the machine to its full potential and makes the computing a smooth experience in your system. the main thing is that the more Ram you have in your system the bigger the benefit SuperFetch can deliver to you.
SuperFetch also reduces the application load time which has a more positive impact at the end of the day then the reduced booting time would. SuperFetch makes you a good time longer and any advantage in the application launch time are nullified by an increase in book time.
Problems that can arise with Windows Service host SuperFetch
- As Windows Service host SuperFetch is always running in the background so the service itself is always using some CPU and RAM of your PC.
- Windows Service host SuperFetch does not need to load apps in Rambha simply locate the loading in a previous time. When the loading happens the system of a PC will experience the same slow down before launching the app without the Windows Service host SuperFetch.
- Your system starts up can be slow because of Windows Service host SuperFetch is preloading a bunch of data into your HDD to Ram. Even if your HDD runs at 100% for few minutes every time you start Audi boot your computer SuperFetch is the only want to be blamed.
- will not notice any performance games of the Windows Service host SuperFetch when you are in Windows 10 installed on SSD. SSD super-fast they don’t need preloading.
Guide to disable Windows service host SuperFetch:
Follow these following steps to disable Windows Service host SuperFetch.
Disable Windows Service host SuperFetch in Windows Service:
This is the easiest and basic way to disable the Windows Service host SuperFetch in the Windows Service.
- Press the windows + R from the keyboard to open the run command prompt, or else you can type run in the Windows 10 search box and click to open the corresponding app entry in the search list.
- Now type “Services.msc” into the box and click on the ok button or press enter.
- When the new window opens up scroll down the list of the services until you find the SuperFetch.
- Now right click on SuperFetch and select stop from the resulting menu.
- How to stop it from starting again when the Windows restart next time boots up you have to right click again on the SuperFetch and select properties.
- From the drop-down menu by right-clicking the properties will get the next menu to start up type select disabled from there and you are ready to go.
Disable Windows Service host SuperFetch in the registry:
If your knowledge about the windows registry functions and you find comfortable being to the windows HD to alter some of its functions then you can disable Windows Service host SuperFetch from there also.
- Praise the windows + R key from the keyboard, Audi you can also type run in the Windows 10 search box and click on the corresponding app result from the list.
- When the run opens up type “Regedit” into the Run box and click on the ok button below or you can also press enter.
- When the registry editor opens up go through the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > CurrentControlSet > Control > Session Manager > MemoryManagement and select “PrefetchParameters” from there.
- Now open up the “Enabled SuperFetch” value from the right side of the screen by double-clicking on it.
- Change its default value 20 to disable SuperFetch, and click on the ok button and close down the registry editor.
Disable Windows Service Host SuperFetch using command prompt:
if you want to disable the Windows Service host SuperFetch by a simple comment then this is the perfect way to do with the help of command prompt. Those who are not comfortable with command prompt they can use the above-mentioned methods.
- Press the windows key on the keyboard and type ‘cmd’ and then right click to get the command prompt in the result and select run as administrator.
- A black window will open up that’s call command prompt, now type in there “net.exe stop superfetch” and press enter on your keyboard.
- Now again type “sc config sysmain start=disabled” and press enter on your keyboard.
- now this comment the Windows Service host superfetch service will be disabled on your computer.
Courier research today internet to give you the best possible knowledge about the Windows Service host Superfetch. We also provide you with the various problems and solution in this article. we have discussed the various problems and solution with steps in both easy and advanced level use the method which you are comfortable in. Superfetch is something all operating system must need to be had. If your system specification doesn’t have 4GB of Ram in this field there and lets the super flash do the low memory requirement management.
Super page design makes sure that it does not impact the system in a negative way and only make your system smoother. Because superfetch runs at a low priority in specs do not take away memory from the application you run. And don’t forget to share this useful and informational article with your friends and close ones so that they can also know about the system and how to fix the various problems regarding Windows host services prefetch.
Hey Guys, I am Samuel! Tech Freek & Gadget Lover. Would love to write on Tech happenings, How to Guides & Product Reviews. I cant saty without Food & Travelling 😛